Friday, December 18, 2009

Prior Thoughts- Ryan Gale

Having already been to New Orleans once last year, I kind of know what to expect as far as the experiences and work and such. However, I am interested to see if any progress has been made around the outskirts of New Orleans (aka the Lower 9th). Also, the site manager I worked with last year is still down there with PDA, and I am looking forward to seeing him, and possibly working with him again. I am highly anticipating the drive with mixed emotions. Having just driven back and forth to Florida within a week, I am looking forward to a break before the trip. I am very excited to be able to do this kind of work and to be able to help those that so many in America have forgotten about. Besides the work and service down there, I am also looking forward to going to downtown New Orleans, seeing the French Quarter, eating the famous cajun food and the scavenger hunt. Moreover, last year, the trip helped bring together my class as whole, and for everyone to enjoy the company of everyone else. I hope that this also happens to this freshman class. Furthermore, I hope to grow closer to some of the freshman that I have not served with and gotten to know. Although there is still a few weeks before the trip, I am really looking forward to it, and hopefully will be able to hear some personal experiences of the storm as we did last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment