Sunday, January 10, 2010

9th Ward Tour

As we take a tour of the lower and upper 9th Ward, I think to myself how can this be. I'm finally in New Orleans. Coming here I had an image that everything would look fine, not perfect but back to normal. I was wrong. As we took this tour around the 9th ward, I saw houses that still needed to be fixed. I saw houses that have not yet been touched. Some streets had only about two houses. There is so much work that needs to be done here. After four years you would think that things would be up and running, and some are but more needs to be done.

As we rolled up in our TCNJ Bonner Vans, the warmth and welcome that we received from fellow New Orleaneans is amazing. The people here are so friendly and welcoming. They noticed we from New Jersey, and knew what we camr for. Just to see that these people have high spirits after loosing everthing is great. they have excellent spirits.

Later on that day we went to the French Quarter. It was somthing new to me, there were many people shopping and just looking around. The scavenger hunt was a little bit challenging, but with the help of some of the pople in New Orleans, they made it easy and fun. What an experience I had today. I am looking forward to starting work with my team.

No comments:

Post a Comment