Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday

Today was the first the day of work, a new experience for me. My team went to Slidell today. The first house we went to, we began dry walling. It was something I have never done before so I was nervous. After a while, I began to get the hang of it, it became fun working with my peers. After a while we went to eat lunch at the church. We talked about how our day was going so far.My sandwhich was good. It was good to take a break too, and to be in some heat. Working together as a team is what I love doing, everyone works together to accomplish a common goal. After lunch, we split up into two teams. Some went back to the first house while others went to another hose. This house was owned by a lady in her late 40s. She lived alone, well with her pitbull Jewl, who richard was horrified of. Sorry Rich, it was funny. Her house was not hot by Hurricane Katrina, but was messed up due to wind and rain damages. Her house was built by her mother in 1965, her mother later passed the same year she says. The house we worked on, we tore down a room, the ceiliing, and took out the carpet. It was very tough, but we managed to get the job done.
It was a great experiance working with my team today. I look forward to the rest of the week and woring to get the room done we started working on today. We are building stronger relationships with each other on teams and its great. It very challenging beacuse seeing this in person is way different then seeing it on television.

1 comment: