Thursday, January 7, 2010

NOLA- Kristina

This is my second time going to NOLA to help rebuild. After watching the movie When the Levees Broke I was blown away by the amount of damage done by this natural disaster. When Katrina actually occurred in 2005 I was only 15 years old and completely unaware of the world outside of my safe haven, Hoboken. It wasn't until I watched this movie that my eyes were opened to the decimated land that was now New Orleans. Through the film I learned of how the government failed to support the less fortunate population. I think what I most out of watching the film was the ability to compare when this tragedy first happened to the present. Last year during my visit I was able to appreciate the rebuilding done to help bring New Orleans back to normal. I was able to see the progress that the ninth ward has made through the years. For this trip to New Orleans I am excited to see the improvements made since last January. I am looking forward to seeing the house I worked on last year as a finishes product. I am also excited to see what I can accomplish during my trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment