Thursday, January 14, 2010

Candelario Pati

Hello everyone. First and foremost I would like to say that the ride down here was awesome. Thank God we all got here safe. Walking around the French quarter was amazing. Experiencing southern hospitality was one of the best experiences. He vibe and energy in Nola is so hopeful and upbeat. However, drivin around the 9th ward made me realize how much work there was still left to do. So many houses were left abandoned by their owners who have decided never to return to Nola. Living in such an amazing city makes it hard not to come back but people made new lives in other places and starting all over in Nola is not In their plans.

Workig on Monday made m realize how tiring construction work is and how much work was needed to be done. I kept asking myself if we would reach our goals or if we would live up to the expe taions of our group leaders.

Tuesday was by far the roughest day. I was feeling a bit discoraged and I was wondering if the house would really be finished my march. Being a murder required taping corners but I couldn't help but ask myself if I was Doing enough.

I am typing from my phone so excuse the errors. Anyway lol

going to the French quarter ontuesday nght gave me hope. Nobody should give up on Nola. Nola is rich with so much culture that is idiosyncratic to the US. Wednesday was a day of vigorous work and geting very messy and dirty. It was awesome Today Alvin shared his story with us. My phone is gonna die so I'll update later

No comments:

Post a Comment