Monday, January 11, 2010

Tuesday--Lindsay Klein

So far, I have been having a great experience here in New Orleans. Yesterday, we did a driving tour throughout the city (the lower 9th ward, superdome, etc.), walked around the French Quarter, and had a scavenger hunt in the French Quarter. The scavenger hunt, I thoughtm was a lot of fun. We got to know the city really well and were able to interact with New Orleans natives and get a feel of the city. Today, we started working at our homeowner's house. I was overwhelmed by the spirit of our homeowner, Alvin. When we walked in, he had a huge smile on his face, and I could immediately tell he was so happy we were there giving him a hand. It was great to see that he was working right beside us, especially since we were able to talk to him and get to know him. My half of the team did mudding, and we had fun doing it. We spackled in corners and ceilings, making sure every area was meticulously smooth. I'm looking forward to see how much we can get done by Friday, because even though we were at the house for only a short time today, we got a great deal of work done. I can only imagine how much we can get done if we all work together and keep the New-Orleans-spirit up.

No comments:

Post a Comment