Friday, January 22, 2010

Complete Reflection- Ryan Gale

Almost a week after getting back from New Orleans, the memories of the trip are still fresh. In the wake of the tragedy in Haiti, it almost seems that our work was trivial in New Orleans, seeing as the city is not still in total ruin, and the casualty rate is incomparable. However, the work we did was nonetheless important. It is important to be able to come back and inform others that New Orleans still needs a lot of work and volunteers are still needed. It is hard to impress upon people the need that there is still, especially in the wake of Haiti.
I hope to be able to go down again for the next two years, as I am beginning to learn the areas of New Orleans in the short two weeks that I've been there between this year and last year. Although the weather driving back made the trip difficult, we made it back safe and without any complications which is all anyone can ask for. I look forward to continuing to tell the story of New Orleans and the help that is still needed down there.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ryan this is Kayla from AmeriCorps NCCC. I tried to send you the pics we took with Miss Irma and you boys but the email address I have isn't working. Let me know if there is another way I can send them too you. My email is kaymill21@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete