Monday, January 25, 2010

Who Dat! - Tommy Mladenetz

It's been more than a week now since we've been back from New Orleans. After watching the Saint's win last night, I had a funny feeling when I saw the game winning field goal sail through the uprights. I never really cared for the Saints until going to NOLA on our trip. After the announcers continued to discuss how great the Saint's fans are, and how much they have been through, I knew exactly what they were talking about, since we saw the devastation of Katrina, firsthand. After showing shots of how happy the fans in the Superdome were, they then showed a live feed of Bourbon Street and the craziness that was ensuing there. I vividly remember the exact spot they showed, and then shouted at my TV, "I was there!". Basically, what I am trying to say is that I am more than happy that the Saint's are going to the Super Bowl, because it brought great joy to the city and to the citizens that we all got to meet. I don't want to jinx them, but if the Saints do indeed win it all, I can't even imagine how crazy the fans will go in New Orleans. They have been through so much and I believe they would appreciate a SuperBowl win as more than just championship rings for the team, but also a win for the city that truly deserves it. Who Dat!

No comments:

Post a Comment