Thursday, January 14, 2010

Jimlise NOLA experience

For my experience at NOLA has been a rollercoaster ride. The days that I have spent working on the house has made me realize there is a bigger picture to the one that I have seen. It is not only about the people and the houses, it is about time and the passion that everyone has invested in this. I love the homeowner Alvin and the house that I have contributed to building. I plan to go to the house in the near future. for this day, thursday, we were finishing up what we started. There are more people from Americorps now that have come to build also. It has made the process faster but sometimes people including myself were just hanging around. I feel that people did their fair share in the work. I really feel that this experience has taught me alot and hopefully I can go to my country Haiti to put in the passion, time, and effort. This has made me realize about how fortunate I am to be alive, healthy with a roof over my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment