Monday, January 11, 2010

First Impressions - Dave Karas

After both a driving tour of New Orleans and our first day of work, I have been able to see the devastation experienced by Gulf Coast residents with my own eyes. It was difficult to see how many were still without homes, and how many empty lots remain.

I was happy to see that there were many homeowners who are back in their rebuilt homes, living life as if Katrina had never happened. However, they are surrounded by the ruins of what used to be a neighborhood, full of life and energy.

Overall, I feel honored to serve along with those from PDA, and to be part of such a great movement. I hope that by the end of the week, I will have made a difference in the lives of the homeowners I am working with.

-Dave Karas

No comments:

Post a Comment