Thursday, January 7, 2010

When the Levees Broke-NOLA

This is not my first time watching this movie. I first saw it in 2006, when it came out. It was very depressing to watch it again. It's sad to see the seperation of family memberes, and it hurts to even think about it. The many lives that were lost due to the flooding reminds me of how we do not always have the help we think we are going to get. With a crisis like this how could they lack government support. It was left in the hands of the people to survive to help each other out. One song that has a strong impact on me is Georgia Bush, by Lil Wayne. It just basically tells people how George Bush did not help during Hurricane Katrina, and part of it is his fauult. Although this rap maybe a bit explicit, I believe he is telling the truth.

Having never been to New Orleans, or having no experiance with Hurricane Katrina, I'm not really sure what to expect. I'm pretty sure some progress has been made, but I look forward to helping out more. I also look forward to having a great experience with the Bonners.

No comments:

Post a Comment