Thursday, January 7, 2010

NOLA - Warren Smith

I saw the documentary before and decided to watch it again before going on this trip. The tragedy that happened in New Orleans really was devastating and this documentary depicts how badly it affected everyone living in the area. With the houses completley wiped away and a vast amount of areas shattered, Hurricane Katrina definitely left a mark on New Orleans that will never be forgotten. Hearing the people talk about how much their lives were changed from the event and seeing what kind of damage was done throughout the film made me feel bad for everyone the hurricane effected. I personally have family (my aunt and uncle) who lived in New Orleans at the time and I was actually visiting them one week before the hurricane hit. Me and my family got home before the hurricane came and my aunt and uncle went to Houston until the storm blew over. When they returned home their house was completely gone. They are now still working to get the lifestyle they once had back to this day. That really shows me along with the film how this hurricane basically changed the people's lives who live in New Orleans forever.

With that in mind I am eager to go on this trip to see exactly what kind of impact Hurricane Katrina had on New Orleans first hand. I also want to work as hard as possible to make as much of a difference as I can to help bring the city of New Orleans back to the wonderful place that it used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment