Thursday, January 7, 2010

NOLA - Michael Northcutt

This was my first time I ever watched "When the Levees Broke" and the only word that came out my mouth when it was over was "Wow!". It is almost as if a tornado swept through the city and didnt leave anything left. I watched other documentaries of Hurricane Katrina and I've seen many pictures but I never really got to hear feedback from the people who lived in New Orleans and were affected by Hurricane. It was sad seeing many people's property basically blown away but even more sad to hear their reaction and how many of them lost hope. Everything they had, gone, lost or ruined.

Watching this movie refreshed my memory and made me aware again of what actually went down in New Orleans in 2005. Im glad that I now have to the opportunity to help out and rebuild what was once one of the most beautiful cities in the US. This is my first time going to New Orleans and I am excited and really looking foward to seeing the city and what it looks like 4 years after the disaster.

Michael Northcutt

No comments:

Post a Comment