Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Jimlise-NOLA experience

I love what I have been doing. This is what I love to do. the experience has taught me to be more involved (HANDS ON) in many things that I do. I always wanted to go to NOLA and I am grateful that this organization has helped me to do so. On the first day, I did many things that I did not think that I would ever do. the handy man activities that I participated in showed me that I could do anything around the house. The first day was measuring and placing sheet rocks (the walls) in place. It was the best thing because it really showed me my strength. I also believe that the people were involved in their work although the supervisor did almost nothing. I didn't really know what their title entailed but I guess they were there to teach then have us do the work. This trip has made me appreciate soo many things in life. I would never want this to happen to anyone and I remember saying that this could not happen to my country. This is an experience I could never forget. Also the owner, Alvin, is very charming and warm. I also loved the fact that he was hands on with the work also.

No comments:

Post a Comment