Saturday, January 16, 2010

Can't Believe It's Over- Jackie

I still cannot believe today is our last day. It seems so odd that by Tuesday I felt like I was just settling in and then by Thursday I became aware that we would be leaving soon. I felt sad yesterday to say goodbye to my homeowner and the house. It felt like we had been almost living there for so long and before we knew it, it was time to go. We made a lot of progress on the room we were working on. We had finished the floor, finished putting sheetrock on the cealing and we were almost done with the walls. I had a lot of fun measuring and sawing wood and I am glad Brian was confidence in us to let us use tools we were not familiar with. I am going to miss Mrs Rosaline as well as her dog Jewel who kept us entertained the whole time we were there. Dinner yesterday was really fun. I ate aligator for second time and tried frog legs which were delicious. I got to dance with the dancing instructor which was also fun, and had a ball with the conga line we created in the restaurant. I also got a chance to experience the french quarter again in all its craziness on a Friday night. I really wish we were staying here longer and it saddens me to know that we are leaving. I am very glad I came and had a chance to hear the stories of victims and to contribute to their homes. These memories will always stay with me and it has been a blessing to have been part of this Katrina effort once more. Still, this really cannot be my last time here and I am going to make every effort to come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment