Sunday, January 10, 2010

Teresa Couto

Today was definitely an eye opener. As we had said so many times, it's one thing to hear about something and talk about it, and something completely different to actually experience it. As we went through the Lower 9th Ward today, it was very depressing and upsetting to see how the neighborhoods still were. I couldn't believe that houses were still in the condition that they were. It's hard to think about what I would do if I were to be in these condtions. I am sure I would lose hope and want to give up and yet the people that we did see seemed to hold on to that hope and continue to prosper despite what their living conditions were. I am really looking forward to finally helping out and lending my hand in whatever way possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment