Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Welcome to The Thunderdome - Sejour Stephens

The ride from N.J. to N.C. to L.A. was like holding my breath for 2 days, but seeing the sign that said "Welcome to Louisiana" was like taking the first deep breath after holding it under water for a long time. The comfort that I feel coming here for the third time is almost indescribable. There is feeling of familiarity that falls over me whenever I encouter people here or even just go on a site to help rebuild a house. It is truly a beautiful thing when you are able to meet or spend time with a person whose house you are helping to rebuild and whose life you are helping to improve.

I know that being here is really going to be yet another "life changing experience" (excuse the cliche). I am so grateful to have been given the chance to visit this place for the third time and dedicate my time and energy to such an amazing and important project. I am excited to see what the next ten days hold for me and I hope that I will come back with something amazing again (other than my AMAZING earrings of course)!

No comments:

Post a Comment