Friday, January 15, 2010

NOLA - Michael Northcutt

Today was a fun but also sad day. It was the final day working on the house. Today I got to know the homeowner, Alvin, a lot better. We talked for a long time about what his neighorhood use to look like. It was very sad hearing him explain how kids use to be everywhere and now its a totally different place. Almost all of his neighbors are no longer there and most likely are not coming back. He then showed me pictures of his house after the storm hit. The water destryoed everything in his house and much of the house was destroyed. Walls were different colors and furniture was ruined. After everyday of working, he brings his wife to the house to show her weve progressed each day. He is very thankful for us being there and was suprised at how quickly we were working. I then felt bad becuase today was the last day of work and I would probably never see him again. I cant wait to see the finished house next year when I come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment