Sunday, January 10, 2010

Back in New Orleans

We arrived last night in New Orleans, which is now my second trip. However, we did not really get a chance to settle in and see the city until today. Driving around elicited mixed emotions. While I felt that the city had progressed a great deal since January of 2008 (my last trip), there was still a great deal of damage all around the lower and upper ninth ward, as well as St. Bernard's Parish.

After the tour and a quick scavenger hunt of the French Quarter, we settled back in for dinner at camp and were able to get to know some of the other groups. It was very encouraging to listen to several other people from different parts of the country who were here in New Orleans for the very same reasons we were there. I'm definitely looking forward to another week, working hard to continue the great progress this city is making. It's wonderful to know that I am apart of that progress

No comments:

Post a Comment